Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ushers

Matt DeCarlo
Role: Colin’s Usher, along with Donna Norman
When Did Colin and Matt First Meet: 12 years ago
Where Did Colin and Matt First Meet: Spotswood Hall, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
Where Have They Met Since: Lake Matoaka, Some Kid’s Mom’s Front Lawn, Madison Hall Basement, Griffin Street Attic, Mongolian, Nawab, Aristocrats Screenings, Taylor Street, California Street, B Pudding Street, The Saloon, DAR Constitution Hall, The Black Cat, 9:30 Club, The Red and The Black, Rock and Roll Hotel, The Fillmore, Madam’s Organ, Barcade.

Song Link: “Transatlanticism” by Death Cab for Cutie.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNqQC7R_Me4  Death Cab is one of many bands we have both seen live.  “Transatlanticism” is piano-based, and Matt is an accomplished pianist. The song is awesome, and so is he.
Alternate Lyrics: A friendship was born that day, and I'll tell you how...
The Spotswood study door opened up, and Sketch asked if I wanted to go out.

I was sitting on the surface of a common couch
When soon confusion filled every brain hole.
Could not figure why thousands upon thousands of history facts had to be cast aside,
And to Wawa I needed to go.
The moment I walked outside, I thought, "Oh no."

One the one hand, the TDX mob seemed overjoyed; they took to their happy chants.
One the other hand, I felt less full of joy, and more like I would pee my pants.
Yet I'm so glad you I made those footsteps crossing that door -- any call for friendship been silenced forever more.
The fraternal commitment first seemed too far to go.
Yet any moment since then, have I regretted it?
Oh no.

Ever since that day, we've grown so much closer.
Since Braxton Court, we've grown so much closer.
Since Unit C, we've grown so much closer.
Since Fire and Ice, we've grown much closer.
Since Panama City Beach, we've grown so much closer.
Since the Mick pong convent, we've grown so much closer.
Since Burlington and Brooklyn, we've grown so much closer.
Since Authentic Relating and Richmond, we've grown so much closer.

[instrumental break]

In our remaining 20s and 30s, we'll grow so much closer.
In our 40s and 50s, we'll grow so much closer.
In our 60s and 70s, we'll grow so much closer.
In our 80s and 90s, we'll grow so much closer.

So come on; let's start.
So come on; let's start.
So come on; let's start.
So come on; let's start.

------------------------------------------------------------

Donna Norman
Role: Colin’s Usher, along with Matt DeCarlo
When Did Colin and Donna First Meet: 24 years ago
Where Did They First Meet: Nassau Beach, Long Beach, NY.
Where Have They Met Since: Lido Beach for the Hinch-Curley-Verbesey-Hattan-Dickson-DeSalvo-Scaliti-White-Collichio-Cullen Family Reunion, Q-Zar Laser Tag, Massapequa Park for New Year’s Eve, Malverne for New Year’s Eve, RVC for Game Nights, Chevy’s, The Rally to Restore Sanity.

Song Link: “The Baywatch Theme Song”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuYrRebvFHc Donna, like her dad Arnie and her sister Christina, has been a lifeguard for years, hence the song.  Fortunately, Donna has spent those years following far better shows than Baywatch: i.e. Lost, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc.  Our most memorable shared show, the show that inspired many frenzied family phone calls, was 24.  So, now, a tribute to Jack Bauer…  
Alternate Lyrics: Most days Jack Bauer stands in the darkness
Afraid to step into the light.
Especially when a suspect may have information,
He thinks, "Hacksaws, those are alright."

Don't you worry, Jack.
It's gonna be alright.
'Cause Donna's always ready.
She'll keep you moral; she won't let you outta her sight.

She'll be ready.
(Whenever you fear) oh, don't think all actions are just if you have fear.
(She'll be ready.)
Forever and always, she's always here.

In us, we all have the power of ethics.
But with a ticking time bomb, that can be so hard to see.
Your animal instinct is stronger than reason
Seems like you should save that aggression for Spoons -- as I'm sure Donna agrees!

Don't you worry, Jack.
It's gonna be alright.
'Cause Donna's always ready.
She'll keep you moral; she won't let you outta her sight.

She'll be ready.
(Whenever you fear) oh, don't think all actions are just if you have fear.
(She'll be ready.)
Forever and always, she's always here.

She'll always be ready.
She won't let you outta her sight.

She'll be ready.
(Whenever you fear) oh, don't think all actions are just if you have fear
(She'll be ready.)
Forever and always, she's always here.
   
------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan Koterba

Role: Hark's Usher, along with Tom Swindell

First Met Hark: University of Maryland (2000) in Marching Band

Nathan 2.jpg
Nathan 3.jpg

Song Link: Oasis' "Wonderwall": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvRCykzHy4
 
Alternate Lyrics:
 
School days were when we crossed our ways
Back in college was when I met you.
By now, I hope you know how
Much I cherish all that we’ve been through.
I want to say to everybody,
How smart, loyal, sweet are you
As time allows.

Drum beat, we’re marching down the street
With our clarinets through rain and drought.
Back then, we’re hitting up the gym
Makin’ sure our guts ain’t hangin’ out.
I do believe that you embody
A man I admire too. So take a bow.

From Philippines to New York scenes we’re winding.
And all the times you make me laugh are blinding.
There’s so many things that I’m so glad I’ve shared with you,
From back then to now.

Cuz maybe, you are my pal and always will be!
A friend I saw.
Nathan Koterba!

------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Swindell

Role: Hark's Usher, along with Nathan Koterba

First Met Hark: University of Maryland (2001) and became roommates shortly after

Tom 2.jpg
Tom 3.jpg
 
Song Link: "Space Oddity" by David Bowie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_M3uw29U1U  

Alternate Lyrics:

Watch him roll, that “fattie”, Tom.
Shoot that goal in hockey, Tom.
Take your ol’ “good skillz”
Cuz “good luck” is not drawn.

Engineer’s your major, Tom.
When building my PCs, you’re always on!
Great ambition!
May “Jomega” be with you!

This here is my pal, his name is Tom.
A friend I’d never trade!
Cuz his door contract has terms I must obey.
Every time I need advice, he’s always there.

This is my friend, Tom, with a good soul.
From roommates and beyond.
He’s a man that I respect in every way.
And I’m glad that we’re still buddies today!


------------------------------------------------------------

Kevyn Allgeier / Lisa Allgeier
Role: Colin and Hark's Music Ushers.  [The description below is written by Colin, but Kevyn and Lisa are just as close with Hark. :)]
When Did Colin and Kevyn/Lisa First Meet: 3.5 years ago
When Did Colin and Kevyn/Lisa First Meet: Alexander’s Tavern in Fells Point, Baltimore, MD.  Lisa’s birthday party here was the first time I met any of Hark’s friends.  It was certainly a strong introduction.  They were all engaging, and I was impressed that Kevyn and Lisa knew Mumford and Sons when a song played at the bar.  (Most people would not have known at that point, when the band had only put out one album.)
Where Have They Met Since: Vapiano birthday party, five thousand AHHPPP planning meetings, one awesome pre-Alkaline-Trio bonding dinner, Kiss Me Kate performance, Renn Fest, Angel Hunter Giant Justin Bieber road rally, Survivor road rally, Harry Potter engagement road rally, How I Met Your Hark moving party, Bekinski New Year’s Party, some event at Deer Creek Overlook...

Song Link: “A Praise Chorus,” by Jimmy Eat World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrmaL5S7N4  There have been many occasions when I have been impressed by Kevyn and Lisa’s musical knowledge: at Lisa’s birthday party, at Kevyn’s pre-Alkaline-Trio dinner, at Dave Bekinski’s New Years Party, the many times they have commented on my concert blog.  Considering this, I decided to elect them musical mixers/ushers.  That is, they will contribute a few songs to the wedding CD, help burn copies of the CD, and help distribute copies to guests during the reception.  After doing all this, they will certainly have earned Jimmy Eat World’s praise… [See song below.]  
Alternate Lyrics: Guests, think you're gonna spend the wedding bored in the back, lookin' around?
Think you're gonna waste your time thinkin' how you could have had good music, and you missed out?
Definitely not -- Kevyn and Lisa will make songs the way you want.
Some I know will connect; I am acting serious...
Sure, some won't be quite what you want.
And with less than 25 tracks, you gotta cut some time.
Still, by the end, you're sure to be on your feet, on the floor, good to go.
All you'll need is just to hear one of their songs you know.
They wanna always feel like part of this was yours.
They want you to love Hark and Colin's wedding night.

Think you're gonna spend the wedding bored in the back, lookin' around?
Think you're gonna waste your time?
No way -- no way fun will miss out.
Someone may ask what the songs are all about.
Stick around; those Allgeiers won't let you down.
Someone's gonna ask what the songs are all about.
You're just gonna have to wait and hear for yourself.
By the time you hear, you'll be on your feet, on the floor, good to go.
All you'll need is just to hear a song you know.
I know you'll feel like a part of this was yours.
Thanks to them, you'll love the wedding night.

Kevin...and Lisa; it's Colin...let's get pizza.
Kevin...and Lisa; it's Colin...let's get pizza.
It can be at your house or in the middle of the street, anywhere you want to meet,
Let's plan this rock 'n roll fantasy.
Soon, soon, soon let's start; why did we ever part?
Time to kick start everyone's rock 'n roll 'n hearts.

Wedding's months from started, but I'm on my feet, on the floor, good to go.
So come on, Allgeiers; play me somethin' that I know.
I know you'll make everyone feel like a part of this was theirs.
You'll make them love the wedding night.
I know you'll make everyone feel like a part of this was theirs.
You'll make them love the wedding night.

No comments:

Post a Comment